There are many venues to choose from here in Auckland, so your choice will most likely be based on five important considerations that may include:
1. Location and transport
When it comes to the location of your venue, you need to ask the following questions:
- Does the venue need to be centrally located and if not, how are your guests going to get there?
- Is there a courtesy bus or shuttle service available?
- Is the venue easily accessible by car, taxi or other modes of public transport?
- Is there plenty of parking for your guests?
2. Space and ambience
The venue you choose needs to be large enough to host your planned event. If the venue is small and intimate, it may have ambience but of little use to you if you are planning a conference with an expected turnout of 150+ people.
Check to see if there is more than one space that you can hire if you need different size spaces such as private facilities or VIP areas.
Regardless of what the event is, you want an environment where your guests can relax and enjoy themselves. It is a good idea to visit the venue beforehand to ensure it has the right atmosphere for your event.
3. Food and beverage
All good events venues come with extensive food and drink facilities but you’ll want one that caters to your tastes and the needs of your guests. There should definitely be at least one bar with dining facilities to match your guest numbers.
Here are some important questions to ask:
- Does the venue provide chefs and waiting staff or do you have to organise your own catering staff? Is the type of service offered, what you would expect for the size of the event?
- Are venue staff well-trained, attentive, friendly and down-to-earth?
- Will there be a surcharge for using venue staff?
- Do the venue proprietors offer cost-effective alternatives for food and drink service?
- Are there any hidden costs?
4. Visual and audio capabilities
Whether you’re having a private function or a corporate conference, you will need some form of lighting and sound for your event.
It’s very important that you make sure your venue of choice has up-to-date equipment and everything you need to use is working properly. The best venues will have lighting and sound capabilities to suit your requirements.
Equipment such as white boards, data projectors, and internet connection should also be taken into account particularly if you are hosting corporate meetings and media presentations.
5. Security and reception
Some venues will provide valets and reception staff on arrival and throughout the night to welcome and tend to your guests so that they feel right at home.
If there is a need for security throughout the event, your venue of choice should be able to assist you in arranging this. Most venues don’t provide their own security staff but will have measures in place to ensure your vehicles and personal items are kept as secure as possible while you are at the venue. This may include having their own foot patrols, security cameras and adequate lighting. If you are concerned about your guest’s security, check the venue can provide for your needs before you book.
With the above 5 things in mind, finding the perfect venue for your event should be a lot easier. Markovina Vineyard Estate is one of Auckland’s finest venues for hosting large and small events designed to meet your needs, whatever they may be. Feel free to drop by for a look around at your leisure or give us call to discuss your next event.