It’s an exciting time of year; summer’s just around the corner, the days are longer, and people are in good spirits – all good reasons for the perfect wedding season.
You may be in the midst of planning at this stage and we know this is no easy feat. But we are here to help. We have seen hundreds of couples marry at Markovina Estate and we consider ourselves experts in hosting the perfect wedding.
There’s something magical about a vineyard wedding. The manicured gardens and lucious vines make it the perfect romantic setting. Our highly experienced staff will make sure your day is everything you want it to be. And with picturesque views from every corner, we know Markovina Estate is an excellent choice of venue.
We have made a few exciting changes
Off-peak season is a great time for us to get underway on some projects that help to make our wedding venue even more spectacular. So we spent the winter knuckling down and getting these things sorted out so they would be ready in time for the wedding season of 2015/16.
Firstly, we have recently polished our floor in our reception area which has given the space a whole new and improved look. Now looking brand new again, the reception area is sure to wow you and your guests. It feels like the whole area has been opened up providing more light during the day and an even more romantic, warm feeling in the evening.
We have also acquired 150 new folding white chairs with a soft cushion seat for outdoor ceremonies. These chairs are a free addition for our clients. With the quantity on hand, you can rest assured that there will be a seat available for each person – young or old. Imagine the stunning contrast of white chairs against lush green grass, clear blue sky – it doesn’t get much better than that!
We have found that during the receiption your guests like to see a rolling photo slide show or video in the back ground. And what better way to do this than on our brand new 60 inch television? You are welcome to use the television throughout the night so perhaps it’s time to nominate a member of your bridal party to start putting that slide show together now.
Let us help you add some detail
This can be one of the more intricate details of your wedding planning. With so many options available these days, it’s easy to get lost in the process. Fortunately, we have acquired a selection of items that you are welcome to use as part of your decoration plan.
- Over time, we have collected a large number of vases, easels, wishing wells and frames – perfect for that extra detail.
- For sunny days, we can provide large white umbrellas for your guests to stay comfortable and shaded.
- We also have a selection of garden games for your guests to play while you head away for photos. With jenga, petanque and croquet available, your guests will continue to have a great time awating your return.
- Our outdoor bar is in the perfect spot to enjoy an ice cold beer or glass of champagne while playing in the gardens or enjoying a stroll around.
The Estate itself needs minimal additions, if any at all. However, if you have your heart set on a theme or idea, we are happy to suggest external suppliers if you need any help achieving the look.
We have five separate locations available for your wedding ceremony, all unique in their own way. As we only host one wedding per day, you have the option to choose whichever you like.
As your wedding day approaches, think about what features have charmed you the most on your visits to Markovina Estate. With nature as your backdrop, your ceremony will be both romantic and intimate.
- Between the Kauri trees – for the ultimate garden wedding experience with a touch of New Zealand, a ceremony held between the Kauri trees is a favourite. Beside one of our pond features, the Kauri trees tower above in the background and make a beautiful background for your photos.
- Beneath the Chestnut tree – this is a truly romantic spot on the Markovina Estate, especially now as it’s starting to grow its leaves. The tree is spectacular at any time of year and towers over the bride and groom as they stand before their guests.
- Pebble beach – our largest pond feature the pebble beach, offers a calm and pristine setting for a ceremony. With the sky and the trees reflecting off the water, this a beautiful location to recite your vows and create some fantastic memories.
- Wine barrel waterfall – one of the original barrels from our vineyard, this wine barrel is now a serene waterfall. Your guests will love the shade from the olive trees and the soothing sound of running water as they watch you say “I do”.
- Fully covered – as much as we all hope for plan A, we must always consider a plan B. With weather being that one variable we are unable to control, Markovina Estate has a sheltered ceremony venue available which is just as beautiful as the outdoor locations.
By now you will be crossing as many things as you can off your to-do list so when your day finally arrives, be sure to stop for a moment and take it all in. Your guests have come from far and wide to share the moment with you so laugh, dance and enjoy every moment.
Planning doesn’t need to be stressful, it should be fun. But if there is anything you give us a call. We are more than happy to help.